Monday, November 29, 2010

Hypomania, perhaps?

I got SO MUCH done today.

Spent three hours getting my car worked on. Walked to Starbucks. Read half of the Diving Bell and the Butterfly (amazing so far, almost cried). Walked to HT Market to get Vietnamese sandwiches for the boys at the shop. Listened to David rant about Seattle taxpayers. Did my couch to 5k workout while David was replacing my thermostat. Drove to City People's to get a Christmas tree. Drove to another City People's to get a Christmas tree with the stand that the other location didn't have, which is why I went to that establishment in the first place. Drove said tree home. Did four loads of laundry. Cleared about 4 hours of TV (mostly Conan:) off the DVR. Decluttered my place, a decluttering that's needed to occur since I moved in 6 months ago. Decorated tree. Vacuumed. Went to the bank, twice. Went to three stores, purchased and replaced a track light. Watched most of three Christmas movies. Did dishes. And baked 4 dozen raspberry almond thumbprint cookies.

Thank you Jesus for a body that allows me to do this, the ability to get 12 hours of sleep on a weeknight! to fuel me, the inspiration to clean as great friends are visiting, and a job that I really, really enjoy and that allows me 4- 10 hour shifts.

The cute lil felted wool gnomes my mom sent me for my birthday ended up in my tree, and they're right at home there.


No comments: